With HTML you can create your own Website.
This tutorial teaches you everything about HTML.
HTML is easy to learn – You will enjoy it.
Examples in Every Chapter
This HTML tutorial contains hundreds of HTML examples.
<h1>This is a Heading</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph.</p>
This is a Heading
This is a paragraph.
What is HTML?
HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML describes the structure of Web pages using markup
- HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages
- HTML elements are represented by tags
- HTML tags label pieces of content such as “heading”, “paragraph”, “table”, and so on
- Browsers do not display the HTML tags, but use them to render the content of the page.
<!DOCTYPE html>declaration defines this document to be HTML5
<html>element is the root element of an HTML page
<head>element contains meta information about the document
<title>element specifies a title for the document
<body>element contains the visible page content
<h1>element defines a large heading
<p>element defines a paragraph.
HTML tags are element names surrounded by angle brackets:
<tagname>content goes here…</tagname>
- HTML tags normally come in pairs like
- The first tag in a pair is the start tag, the second tag is the end tag
- The end tag is written like the start tag, but with a forward slash inserted before the tag name.
The purpose of a web browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari) is to read HTML documents and display them.
The browser does not display the HTML tags, but uses them to determine how to display the document